Thursday, September 20, 2007

Second Life musings..

Today on Second Life I decided to go on a bit of an adventure.

Granted, I'm still trying to figure out how to work things (mainly, altering my appearance and add-ons and whatnot, I'll get the hang of it.) I started out on my home teleport - which I'm not entirely clear on what it is...just the place where avators go before they set their own "home" spot on Second Life.

My first goal was to interact with other avators and people in this area - which looks like a beautiful kind of Italian terrace with a lot of long lawns and shrubs - however, because of my label (IC Student) I don't know if people were put off or not, but I didn't really get anywhere with anyone except casual "hello's." Maybe I just don't know proper Second Life etiquette. So I teleported out when I found a location one could go sky-diving. Cool, right?

It was called the TransAm Underwater Adventure. Really cool world, kind of a complex building built on top of water with lots of things to look at. Unfortunately, nobody else was there! I wandered around for a while, before teleporting off to a beach where I think I was propositioned for sex. I'm not entirely sure how comfortable I am with sex on Second Life yet.

My next adventure will hopefully help me interact with other people, without sexual undertones, and I'd like to check out some live concerts or something. That sounds really cool. More updates later!

No comments: